Clean water is important although it is sad to say that not everyone has access to it. The result is that many people end up drinking water that isn’t healthy, and this leads to diseases like cholera and diarrhea. This is really sad, because with the use of water filters, people can have clean, healthy drinking water that is free of harmful chemicals and bacteria. In this article, we are going to discuss the benefits of drinking clean water. We will also take a look at some of the water filters that you should consider purchasing so that you can purify your drinking water. Below are some things that you should know about water, in regards to our wealth.
- Lowe IQ’s in children have been linked to high levels of lead in water.
- Arsenic – This is a toxic chemical that harms nerves, the heart, blood vessels, and skin., and it has also been associated with cancer.
- Trihalomethanes (THMs) – are suspected of being the cause of several cancers, and they are the byproducts of chlorine. They also include chloroform.
- The presence of total coliform shows that there could be potentially harmful bacteria in the water.
- Diarrhea is one of the most common diseases that are caused by contaminated water, and it is caused by a parasite known as cryptosporidium.
Below are the benefits of drinking clean water:
- Boosts metabolism
- Helps in digestion
- Replenishes skin tissues
- Regulates the body temperature
- Helps in mental alertness
- Reduces headaches
- Helps with weight loss
- Has anti-aging properties
- Flushes out toxins and waste products
- Helps with constipation
- Replenishes the skin tissue
- Boosts energy
- Cleans body cells
- Could help with asthma and allergies
- Reduces risk of dehydration
- Transportation of nutrients through the body
- It moisturizes the air in the lungs
- It is important for joint and muscle health
- It could lower back pain
The Best Water Filters
We will now go ahead and review some water filters. These reviews were done based on Mike Johnson, a person that has done thorough research on water and water filters. He believes in living healthily, and that includes drinking water that is free of contaminants.
Reverse Osmosis Water Filters
When looking for a filter that will eliminate any type of particle from the water, dissolved or not, a reverse osmosis water filter is your bet. Water runs through a semipermeable membrane that filters out even the tiniest particles. When this filter first came into use, it was used for filtering salt water from the sea.
- A superior method of extracting contaminants
- Pure water on demand straight from the faucet
- Low maintenance
- Wastes quite a lot of water
- Removes beneficial minerals and you would have to buy them to add them back
Whole House Water Filters
These water filters are best paired with reverse osmosis system, and they work in two stages. The first stage involves a multi-gradient polypropylene sediment filter that filters out most organic and inorganic matter. It is followed by a catalytic carbon filter that removes chemical contaminants from the water.
- Every faucet and water outlet produces pure water
- Once installed, aside from regular filter changes, it requires no maintenance Filters are long lasting
- Little effect on water pressure
- May need to be installed by a plumber
- Hard to tell when filters need replacing
Counter Top Water Filters
Clean looking water isn’t necessarily clean and could contain impurities. That is why it is important to have a countertop water filtration system. The easily replaceable cartridge removes chlorine and other chemicals, as well as other contaminants.
- Removes impurities
- Easy to install and fits most faucets
- Fast flow rate
- Better performance as compared to pitcher water filters
- The unit has to be on show
- No water chilling option
Faucet Water Filters
This is a simple system where you simply remove the aerator from the faucet and install the unit into the hole. These filters can last for close to three months before they need replacing. Water is pushed through the carbon filter by its own pressure.
- Removes 10 times more contaminants than pitcher water filters
- Easy to install
- Easily replace filter
- Is affordable
- Doesn't fit all faucet types
- Slows water flow
Under Sink Water Filters
Installed under the sink, these filters filter water moving through pipes whenever the water is turned on, removing impurities like herbicides and parasites. It also brings down the amount fluoride, heavy metals and organic chemicals, to improve the quality of the water. Installation can be a tricky affair, and you might need the help of a plumber.
- The fact that it is under the sink means that the kitchen remains clutter free
- Large daily output producing lots of filtered water
- More durable as compared to countertop filters
- Installation can be tricky and may require the services of a plumber
- Albeit being more durable, they are more expensive
Gravity Fed Water Filters
These water filters use two or more carbon filters to remove toxic elements and heavy metals from water. These easy to assemble filters are effective because the water and the filter media have a lot of contact time. They rely on gravity as water flows through the filter before it is gathered in another tank.
- Simple and efficient to use
- Turn any unreliable water source into drinking water
- No plumbed water supply needed
- Long lasting filters
- Replacement cost for some of the filter components can be expensive (take care when handling)
- Relatively slow water output
Clean healthy water is important, and we should never drink water that is not filtered. The filters mentioned above have been researched by Mike Johnson, and they have proven to be the best in the market.