Secondhand smoke is dangerous not only for children but also to all other people in the world. If someone smokes in a room inside your home, you can expect that the smoke will stay in the room for a long period of time.
Smoke has the tendency to settle in rooms first and stay there for an extended period of time. This means that even if you have assumed that there is no smoke anymore, you can still ingest it and smell it. If you become exposed to second hand smoke, you increase your chances of acquiring certain diseases and conditions.
You may think that simply opening your window or avoiding having to blow the smoke inside the house can already prevent second hand smoke but this is not true at all. You sometimes need equipment that you will turn on every time someone smokes at home. You can check out room air cleaners for cigar smoke. You will surely find some air cleaners that you would love to have inside your home.
If you would to know a few more things that can keep your home smoke free, here are the things that you can do:
- Do not smoke inside your home - it can be hard to stop yourself from smoking even if you are trying to quit and the time will come when you know that you have to smoke even just one stick of cigarette. Avoid smoking inside your home. Go outside or go to an area where you know that smoking is allowed.
- Tell your guests that your home is smoke free - You may have some guests over who smoke inside their own homes. Kindly tell them that in your home, people are not allowed to smoke inside. This will require your guests to go outside and smoke but if you have a designated area for smoking, this will not be a problem.
- Have proper insulation and ventilation systems inside your home - You need to make sure that air will flow freely to and from your home but you would like to keep the home inside your home cleaner than the air that is available outside.With the right ventilation system, you can make this possible.
- Try smoking less - Smoking can provide a lot of health issues that you do not want to get. Read up and research more about the effects of smoking on you and on other people and you may be enticed to stop yourself from smoking. You can always start lessening the number of sticks that you smoke in a day.
- Store your cigarettes in an area that is harder to reach - This will sometimes discourage you from smoking as regularly as before. At the same time, you will be avoiding the possibility of your children trying out your cigarettes for fun especially if they have seen you smoke so many times already.
Remember that it is not only your home that you should make smoke free. You should also make your car smoke free. If we would live in a smoke free world, then people’s lives would be extremely different.